Skip to main content
tax preparation


At Nationwide Tax in Lutz, Florida we help people like you file your taxes and maximize your income tax returns. When it comes to tax season we got you covered. In addition to offering tax preparation services for individuals, we also small business and corporate tax services. Plus we offer payroll and bookkeeping services for business owners in Lutz, Florida and the surrounding areas.

Tax Experts Near Me

Our income tax service is thorough and comprehensive. Whether you need help with filing personal or business taxes, give us a call today for a free consultation. Our clients consists of honest people who want to do the right thing; file a timely and accurate tax return. Let us help you.

Our professional tax specialists take the stress out of tax season. Regardless, if you have any issues with back taxes, tax liens, late tax filings, tax amendments or any other issues. 

Contact Us


Nationwide Tax is your trusted partner for bookkeeping services in Florida. Our team of professional tax accounts provide comprehensive bookkeeping and accounting services tailored to your business needs. From recording transactions, preparing financial statements, quarterly tax filing and more.

Bookkeeping Experts Near Me

More importantly, we ensure your financial records are accurate and compliant. When you work with Nationwide Tax, you can focus on growing your business while we handle your financial records. Enjoy having a peace of mind with our reliable bookkeeping solutions.

Whether you’re a small business or a large enterprise, our dedicated team of bookkeeping experts at Nationwide Tax are here to help you organize your books. Good records result in less taxes. The last thing you want is an unexpected audit from the IRS.

Learn More
payroll services


Looking for payroll services? At Nationwide Tax, we provide professional payroll services for small and large businesses in Lutz, Florida and in the surrounding cities. The goal is to accurately withhold employee taxes while filing the proper tax reporting paperwork with the internal revenue services (IRS).

Payroll Services Near Me

Here is what you get with our payroll services:

  • Easily enter and run payroll
  • Quickly calculate, pay, and file payroll taxes
  • Automated processing of payroll for your small business
  • Take your time back to run your business while we manage your payroll
  • And more

Give us a call today to learn how we can help you setup your internal payroll services.

Contact Us


In need of expat tax services in Lutz, Florida? Contact the best at Nationwide Tax. Our team of tax experts specialize in providing comprehensive expatriate tax services. Ensuring compliance and maximizing your tax benefits. Whether you’re an American abroad or a foreign national in the U.S., we navigate the complexities of expat taxes with precision. Count on us for personalized tax accounting services for expatriates.

Learn More


We can assist you in evaluating the pros and cons of each entity type to help you determine the most advantageous form of business for your company.




We take pride in providing all our clients with professional tax preparation services to take advantage of all available tax credits and deductions.


Let us manage your books while you focus on running your business. We are the best bookkeeping experts for small and large businesses.


You can lean on us to develop a payroll system and prepare all necessary payroll tax returns in a timely manner.



We guarantee extensive partner involvement and interaction with all professional clients. Bigger firms cannot provide this “hands-on” type of service. We prefer to be small, flexible, and ultimately, more valuable to you the client. As a result, we are able to offer high-quality services at reasonable fees.

We understand what it means to run a professional business. As professionals, you take great pride in the personalized services you provide. At Nationwide Tax, our approach to you is much the same. We are personable, knowledgeable, and strive to build long-term relationships with all of our clients.

Please use this website to become familiar with our CPA firm and the services we provide. We do provide an extensive amount of accounting services in just about any industry. If you have any questions or comments or would like further information, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you or your company.


    Do I need to file state and federal taxes each year?

    Yes, most U.S. residents are required to file both state and federal income tax returns annually, reporting their respective incomes and complying with applicable tax laws.

    How can I reduce my tax bill?

    Strategies to reduce tax liability include maximizing deductions, taking advantage of tax credits, contributing to retirement accounts, and engaging in tax planning throughout the year.

    What kind of deductions do I qualify for?

    Qualifying for deductions depends on individual circumstances, but common deductions include those related to homeownership, education expenses, medical costs, and charitable contributions.

    What is the difference between marginal and effective tax rates?

    The marginal tax rate is the percentage paid on the last dollar earned, while the effective tax rate reflects the overall percentage of income paid in taxes after accounting for deductions and credits.

    What are some deductions and credits I can claim?

    Deductions and credits vary, but common ones include the Child Tax Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit, education credits, and deductions for student loan interest, among others.

    Which is better: a tax credit or a tax deduction?

    While both reduce tax liability, tax credits provide a dollar-for-dollar reduction, directly lowering the tax owed, whereas deductions reduce taxable income, affecting the overall tax calculation.

    Can I deduct medical expenses?

    Yes, you can deduct qualifying medical expenses that exceed a certain percentage of your adjusted gross income (AGI), subject to specific IRS guidelines.

    Should I itemize or claim the standard deduction?

    The decision depends on your individual circumstances; you should choose the method (itemized or standard) that results in the lower tax liability.

    What’s the difference between the standard and itemized deductions in the U.S. tax code?

    The standard deduction is a flat amount that reduces taxable income, while itemized deductions allow taxpayers to deduct specific qualifying expenses, with individuals choosing the method that minimizes their tax liability.

    How do I know if I have to file a tax return?

    Filing requirements depend on factors such as income level, filing status, and age; refer to IRS guidelines or use their online tools to determine your filing obligation.

    What income do I have to pay taxes on?

    You generally have to pay taxes on all sources of income, including wages, self-employment income, rental income, investment gains, and other types of earnings.

    What tax form should I use?

    The tax form you use depends on your financial situation and complexity. Common forms include 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ, with the choice determined by factors like income, deductions, and credits.

    What filing status should I choose?

    Your filing status (single, married filing jointly, head of household, etc.) depends on your marital status and other factors, influencing your tax rates and deductions.

    I’m married, so how does it work filing taxes with a partner? 

    Filing taxes allows married couples to choose between filing jointly, combining their incomes on a single return, or filing separately, each submitting an individual tax return.

    What IRS form should I use if I’m filing taxes single?

    If you’re filing taxes as a single individual, you typically use IRS Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR.

    What IRS form should I use if I’m married filing jointly?

    If you’re married and choosing to file jointly with your spouse, you would generally use IRS Form 1040.

    What IRS form should I use if I’m married filing separately? 

    Married individuals opting to file separate tax returns usually use IRS Form 1040, indicating their filing status as “Married Filing Separately.”

    What IRS form should I use if I’m Head of household?

    If you qualify as a head of household, you would typically use IRS Form 1040, but your filing status would be indicated as “Head of Household.”

    What IRS form should I use if I’m Qualifying widow(er) with a dependent child?

    If you’re a qualifying widow(er) with a dependent child, you generally use IRS Form 1040, and you would choose the filing status “Qualifying Widow(er) with Dependent Child.”

    Are there any tax credits for having dependents?

    Yes, there are tax credits such as the Child Tax Credit and the Child and Dependent Care Credit that can provide tax benefits for having qualifying dependents.

    Who can I claim as a dependent?

    Dependents typically include children, relatives, or others who meet specific criteria related to relationship, residence, and financial support.

    Can I claim my child as a dependent if they are over 18?

    In some cases, you may still be able to claim a child over 18 as a dependent if they meet certain criteria, such as being a full-time student or having a disability.

    Should I take the standard deduction or itemize?

    Choose the standard deduction if it results in a lower tax liability, but consider itemizing if your eligible deductions exceed the standard deduction amount.

    When are taxes due?

    Taxes are typically due on April 15th, though the date may vary slightly. Extensions are available, but payment deadlines still apply.

    How do I file a tax return?

    File your tax return electronically or by mail, using the appropriate IRS forms. Online filing is often faster and more convenient.

    When will I get my refund?

    The timing of your tax refund depends on various factors, but filing electronically and choosing direct deposit can expedite the process.

    What if I can’t afford to pay the tax I owe?

    If you can’t pay your full tax bill, consider setting up a payment plan with the IRS or exploring other options to address your tax debt.

    When should I seek the advice of a tax expert?

    You can seek the advice of a tax expert anytime. Whether you have questions about paying taxes for an individual or paying taxes for your business, contact us today at Nationwide Tax for a free consultation to learn how we can help you.

    Should I invest in tax preparation services?

    Yes if you want a professional tax preparation company like ours to file the taxes for you. 

    What cities do you offer tax preparation services?

    At Nationwide Tax, we offer tax preparation services throughout the United States. Our primary location is in Lutz, Florida and we have several customers that live in neighboring cities. Including Wesley Chapel, Land O’Lakes, Tampa, and Odessa to name a few.

    What are income taxes?

    Income taxes are levied on the earnings of individuals and businesses, serving as a primary source of revenue for governments to fund public services and programs.

    What are federal income taxes? 

    Federal income taxes are levied by the U.S. government on individuals and businesses based on their earnings, contributing to funding government operations and services.

    What are state income taxes?

    State income taxes are imposed by individual states on residents’ income, serving as an additional revenue source for state-specific expenditures.

    What are expat taxes?

    Expat taxes refer to the tax obligations of individuals living and working abroad, navigating unique considerations such as foreign income exclusions and tax treaties.

    What are payroll taxes?

    Payroll taxes are taxes withheld from employees’ wages to fund programs like Social Security and Medicare, with employers also contributing a matching amount.

    What are capital gains taxes?

    Capital gains taxes are applied to the profit earned from the sale of capital assets such as stocks, real estate, or investments, with rates varying based on the holding period.

    How about estate & inheritance taxes?

    Estate and inheritance taxes are levied on the transfer of wealth from a deceased individual to heirs, with estate taxes applying to the deceased person’s estate and inheritance taxes to the recipients.

    Does my state have an estate or inheritance tax?

    Estate and inheritance tax laws vary by state, and not all states impose these taxes; some have exemptions or thresholds that determine whether the tax applies.

    Do I need to pay property taxes?

    Property taxes are assessed on the value of real estate and are typically paid by property owners, contributing to local government revenue for public services.

    Are there any real estate taxes?

    Real estate taxes generally refer to property taxes, which are assessed on the value of land and buildings owned by individuals or businesses.

    Is there a such thing as tangible personal property taxes (TPP)?

    Yes, tangible personal property taxes (TPP) are taxes on movable assets such as machinery, equipment, and furniture, which businesses may be required to pay based on the assessed value of these assets.

    What about wealth taxes?

    Wealth taxes are levied on an individual’s net worth, encompassing assets like real estate, investments, and other valuable possessions.

    What are sales taxes?

    Sales taxes are consumption taxes imposed on the purchase of goods and services, with rates varying by location and often collected at the point of sale.

    What’s the difference between tax credits, deductions, and exemptions?

    Tax credits directly reduce taxes owed, deductions lower taxable income, and exemptions provide specific allowances, each affecting the overall tax calculation.

    What’s the difference between refundable and nonrefundable tax credits?

    Refundable tax credits can result in a refund exceeding the amount owed, while nonrefundable credits only reduce the tax liability to zero without additional refunds.

    What are income tax rates like in my state?

    State income tax rates vary widely, with some states imposing progressive rates based on income levels, while others have a flat tax or no income tax at all.

    How is tax liability calculated?

    Tax liability is calculated by applying the appropriate tax rates to taxable income, factoring in deductions, credits, and exemptions.

    How do tax brackets work?

    Tax brackets define income ranges with corresponding tax rates; as income increases, individuals move into higher brackets.

    How do I know my tax bracket and tax rate?

    Determine your tax bracket and rate by referencing the IRS tax brackets.

    What is “double taxation”?

    “Double taxation” refers to the taxing of the same income by multiple entities, such as at both the corporate and individual levels for dividends.

    Why do we need taxes?

    Taxes are necessary to fund government operations and services, including infrastructure, defense, education, and social programs, ensuring the functioning and well-being of society.

    What are sales tax rates like in my state?

    Sales tax rates differ among states and even within regions of a state, ranging from zero in some areas to a percentage of the purchase price in others.

    How do I file taxes as a business owner?

    Business owners typically file taxes differently depending on their business structure, such as sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, or LLC, following specific tax forms and regulations.

    Should I pay self-employment taxes?

    Self-employed individuals are generally responsible for paying self-employment taxes, covering Social Security and Medicare contributions that would typically be split between employers and employees.

    What are corporate income tax rates like in my state?

    Corporate income tax rates vary by state, with some states having no corporate income tax, while others impose a flat or graduated rate on business profits.

    I have additional questions?

    If you have a question that we did not answer feel free to give us a call at 813 -586-1065 to book a free consultation. Look forward to hearing from you